Monday, January 9, 2012

BOHOL: Part 4.Adventure meets romance



Day 4: 




Im a fund of heights and zipline, and I want Dave to try it too, so we both went back  to Loboc (where we had our dinner cruise) and about 15-20 mins drive from it, and you will be able to reach Loboc zipline adventure, Originaly it was in Danao 3 hours drive from our resort is  the place where i want to do the zipline because they do have this ( the plunge) a zipline and its like  canyon swing, but since it's too far, we just decided to go to Loboc instead, At first Dave don't like the idea of him riding the zipline,but glad I  convinced him to try it :)


Back on the Road!


The way to the Zipline area was no joke, with all the blind curves ahead, and steep road, good thing i have a good driver :) 








Lush mountains everywhere we look at!




Dave Getting ready for the ride of his life lol


Dave asking himself.." what am I doing?"lol


when we got to the  zipline place,they have this different kind of combo packages 

Zipline - - - PhP 350/pax
Cable Car - - - Php 250/pax
All Ride(zipline & cable car) - - - Php 550/pax
combo ride - - - Php 350/pax
(one-way zipline & one-way cable car)

Distance/Length:
Zipline - - - 520 meters

the package we chose was the combo ride 
(one-way zipline & one-way cable car)
zipline was 600 meters long, 
(return) - - - 460 meters







since i had experience zipline before i took the liberty to take video of dave while he was trying his first zipline experience.....this should be fun :P


The staff was friendly too, and offered us their package to take unlimited picture as we do our adventure! on and burnt in on cd!




The objective of the zip line is simple – conquer your fear by surrendering yourself to the force of gravity, of course aided by foul proof cables and harnesses. The zip line adventure is not oh so new, but for me whose daily dose of adventures specifically fall within the categories such as never-ending work, self-inflicted life drama, the beautiful misery offered by loboc's  zip line is a welcome change.Not to mention you are not paying for the ride..you are paying for the experience :) 



















It was an amazing experience like flying and overlooking the mountains and Loboc river! 




what an awesome view!




Here's a video of Dave on ZIP..please click here








On our way back to Panglao , I told Dave that I want to swing by at another old church In Dauis it is 
on the side facing Tagbilaran City. Panglao Island nestles closely to the main province of Bohol and is connected to the mainland by two causeways. Located 3.1 kilometers southwest of Tagbilaran, the Dauis Church is visible across the narrow channel from Tagbilaran and can be reached by hiking through a pleasant path, or by riding a motor bike   








Dauis Church 


Dauis Church 








I have 3 reasons  I want to stop by Dauis Church, First was check out the church, but unfortunately I was wearing shorts again(not allowed )  and they don't have robe to lend me so that I can enter, but it was ok, next reason was to check on a little museum and a store in one..


 But the main reason  I want to go here was the place  called "CAFE LAWIS" it  was all the way to the convent of the church nestled by the beach under large acacia trees. You'd be surprised that a cafe like that exists in an old church.And From the time we arrived in Bohol I already planned that i would pay a surprised dinner or lunch for Dave here in the place for it  is really serene and romantic I like that it's still a little secret from the tourist crowd so it has to be perfect to all my plans :)




Miniature set of Old valley of Dauis in Handumanan Craft store




I brought Dave to Handumanan Craft store, and I was really weary that he might see a passage way going to the cafe, but I was able to distract him.I knew he noticed me that I was acting weird.So I told him to wait for me outside the Store and told him that " NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS DON'T GO INSIDE"  and he just said " OK" lol  









So I went back inside and asked if we can have lunch? The staff said the cafe will be open at 3pm, And it was just 1pm, that would ruin my plan But that didn't  stop me! So I asked for a manager and came up with an idea, told the manager that” It's my first year  anniversary with my husband and I want to give him a surprise and having the place just for us is a perfect gift! So indeed the manager said “ ok...” lol I just had to pay an extra for the service fee because they  will have to open earlier than normal hours  and 40php service fee is not bad! You cant beat that! Having the place just for us.
So I went to the bathroom and get my black dress in my backpack and changed( Dave didn't know i have a dress in my bag) .
When I went back outside to invite David in, I saw the look from his eyes that his kinda lost on whats going on..lol

Told him it's my treat for him a lunch for two! It supposed to be dinner,however due to the lack of street lights at night, it's risky to drive a motorbike so I decided to have a lunch instead.



 the store sells items   from hats to native sou-veneers












Side part of the convent


CAfe LAwIs 

Large acacia trees so with lighting on it, I could imagine how this place transform into a romantic place during the night time
         


Loby of Handumanan Craft store leading to the cafe 




As you can see...the place was reserved for us :)




They actually have a nice selection of meals and snacks. But the pièce de résistance here is the Tsokolate Eh Souffle Cake (Php95) which is served with a rich tsokolate eh syrup and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It takes quite a while to prepare though. So what We did was eat lunch first and then have it for dessert!



cool shade from the acasia tree giving your fresh air


Fronting the ocean of Bohol straight 


This place was quite a charmer for those who are looking for a more secluded romantic place and avoid the tourist crowd.




Tsokolate Eh Souffle Cake!! 










And yes can't help but to strike a pose :P 


just one table was  served  behind me :)








      After that sumptuous and sweet lunch, We still want to go somewhere place else, so we head on to the Dumaluan Beach  20 minutes drive from Bohol bee farm and yes I hopped on the bike with my dress on,lol  Dave and I were thinking if we should get some towels and swimsuit first at the resort before we head  to the beach, but it was not a joke to have a rough ride going to Bohol bee farm, We just want to check the beach anyways and have a walk...



Dumaluan Beach 


if you want a more peaceful and maintained beach, this is the best beach to go here in Bohol, but  if you prefer a little boracay and a party beach, you might want to check Alona  beach ,its just right next to this beach ( 15 mins) . We just have to pay 20php for entrance fee
clean water and white sand inviting everyone..


Dave with his sneakers on :P


The calm sea 




the sand here was finer than the other islands we went at


He might be thinking..dang, i should have gotten my swim suit:P




Private resort around the beach,  





Should I go in the water or not?


Imagine yourself sitting on this chair under the nippa hut, while having an ice cold fruit shake..




Clean and well maintained beach, those huts are for rent, but for some reason, when we used and sat on it, no one came to us and asked us to pay.


At first I thought of just walking around the beach, but I cant resist the charm of this place! plus the water was a bit warm! so even though I'm not prepared to swim, I basked in the water! 


There are nippa huts for rent at the beach for those who wants to have a day tour, and food stalls that sells seafood and snacks.


***tip** just bring a blanket and packed lunch when you go here, so you wont have to rent or buy from the stores and you can lay your blanket anywhere :)
Add caption


We ended the day with so much fun once again!  that night we went to swim at the Jacuzzi at the resort , I posted that pics already at day one. 


Bohol Bee farm at night




Just goofing around with the waitress 





On our last night we took the chance to enjoy the new built part of the resort where there's a Jacuzzi! 






Dave Doing the doggie paddle :P


There's the San Mig again lol

while we were soaking on this pool, the power went out for 10 mins and we were just looking a t the stars, you can see the stars clear and bright when all the lights were out just so serene and calm.


For the last Day click here










































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment